I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

Monday 14 November 2011

Wierdy Beardy

As the daughter of a bearded man, and finding myself married to one too, I quiet like a beard.

Last year someone posted an article about knitted beards on facebook. Apparently, they were the height of fashion for skiers.

I thought I would have a go. Now, I'm not one for patterns & guages, but will share how I made this in my slapdash way.

I used a chunky wool & a 5.0 hook. 
* Chain enough to reach ear to ear, under the nose.
* Half Double crochet (HDC) 1 row. Chain 1.
* HDC the next row, chaining on enough for a mouth hole. Chain 1
(I folded it in half, so I could get the hole in the dead center.)
*HDC another 5 or so rows, decreasing 1 at each end, until your beard is the desired length.
For the ties:
*Chain on the desired length (approx 30 cms)
*HDC 2 rows
*Sew to the main body of the beard with a darning needle.

Here is a photo of my daughter sporting my beard, looking remarkably like her father!

No comments:

Post a Comment