I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

Monday 14 November 2011

Living the dream.

I have always wanted to either draw amazingly, or play the piano superbly. I can do neither.

I have just never had the inclination or dedication to commit to learning a craft well. I want to be Chopin within a week, Da Vinci within the month. Of course, it's never going to happen.

I'm not sure what inspired me, but on 12th October I decided it was time I learnt to crochet. I have tried before, but it didn't click. Patterns & yarn types seemed daunting. So I sat myself down in front of you tube & found a couple of good instructional videos to teach myself the basics.
Youtube video: How to crochet - part 1
Youtube video: How to crochet - part 2

I started by crocheting a square in each stitch.


Then I moved on to stitching in the round and making flowers.


It was a start. I now feel so enthusiastic. My husband commented on how excited I got the other day when I passed a shop selling wool. Sad I know.

Crocheting gets my creative juices flowing, I feel I can have a good go at mastering this craft, and although not everyone’s cup of tea, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment