I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Rememberance Poppy

Sunday was Remembrance Day. Everyday last week my son, Loki asked for money to buy a poppy, as he lost his daily. Come thursday, I decided to try & crochet him one. I youtubed it (as always) & found this video from Mikeysmail:

Youtube Video: Crochet a rememberance poppy.

It wasn't the shape I was after, but gave me the know how needed to come up with my own version....



Remembrance Poppies
Hook size 2.5 – 4

Start with black 4 ply.
*Make a slip knot. Chain 2.
*Single Crochet 12 into the furthest stitch from your hook to make a circle.
*Change colour to red 4 ply.
*Chain 4
*Double crochet 1 into the same stitch
*Treble crochet 2 into each of the next 2 stitches
*Double crochet 1 in next stitch, chain 4. Slip stitch into same stitch.
*Slip Stitch to next stitch..
*Repeat the red instructions 2 more times to make the 2nd & 3rd petals.
*Fasten off.



Margaret Hitchman of Cake Heaven fame traded me 6 of her delicious cup cakes for a poppy broach.... now that's what I call a good trade!


www.cakeheaven.co.uk
www.facebook.com/cakeheaven


No comments:

Post a Comment