I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

I love to hear from you, So if you pop on by, please leave a comment.

Friday 11 May 2012

Granny Squares Tutorial Evening

Wool and Witterings. (and bannana cake)

This week we had another meet up of our crochet tutorial group. Along with my super assistant, Sarah from Sew Now We are Four, we were teaching the group how to make Granny Squares.

I used this tutorial from Purlbee.com for the basic granny square, www.purlbee.com/granny-square-project/
and I simplified this great tutorial from Attic24 for the flower centered square: 
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/summer-garden-granny-square.html


Some found it easier than others, but we ended up with some lovely colourful squares.
I am teaching another group this week & am looking forward to seeing their creations.


We are hoping to sew all our  squares together & create a blanket to either give to Project Linus or to auction off for Common Sense, our adopted charity. We don't charge for our sessions, but ask everyone to put some pennies into the Common Sense collection tin.


Happy Hooking x

No comments:

Post a Comment